Are we ever gonna get a working "back" button?

I asked about this very basic feature many times. Still, the “Go back to previous page” button still only exists in certain conditions.

If I have a List of Tasks on a Dashboard for example and the linked project is shown in the List and I click on that project, I do not have a “back to Dashboard” button.

This is incredibly stupid and annoying. I keep getting the feedback from users that the App is very hard to navigate because no one ever knows where they are and how to get back.

Dynamic breadcrumps don’t exists so they are pointless anyways, but at least give us a simple, reliable “back” button. I tried various workarounds, they all suck. Seriously…

Am I right in assuming that you are talking about an installed PWA desktop app, so you cannot use the browser native navigation arrows ?

What you can do now:

  1. Use built-in keyboard shortcuts to navigate inside an installed app window:
  • Go back: Press Alt + Left Arrow (Windows/ChromeOS) or Cmd + Left Arrow (Mac).
  • Go forward: Press Alt + Right Arrow (Windows/ChromeOS) or Cmd + Right Arrow (Mac).
  1. Or choose to open the app in you Browser from the menu icon or URL, if your users are frustrated with the installed app limitation.

As a reminder, all pages have a “Show breadcrumbs” selector in the Header section.

And for record pages specifically that could be access from different sources, you also have the “Show backlink” option.