Drag and drop to reorder records

I have some records have an “order” value (1-10). Right now this is a number field, but could be a select. I’m trying to think of anyway within Noloco that I could allow users to drag records to reorder?! Any smart ideas very much welcome. Thanks!

Hi,

I think you should to enable drag and drop reordering in Noloco consider switching the order field to a select field with predefined options (1-10). Then, use a custom script or a third party integration that supports drag and drop functionality to reorder the items visually. This way users can easily rearrange records and the order will be automatically updated in the database. You can also check if Noloco offers any built in features or plugins to facilitate this process.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply Steve, much appreciated. Noloco allows drag and drop between single select, but where I’m racking my brains is that I don’t want the user to be able to have x2 items against a single value. So trying to figure out how I could do this with an automation, but hurting my head!

I don’t think there’s any easy way to accomplish this in Noloco, I think you should start a new topic in Feature Requests as it’s a great idea.

I think this could be enabled on Noloco’s side by allowing us to set a “manual sort” field, which would let you pick any of the number type fields you have on your records and then allow users to drag&drop and update that field accordingly.