Customize button text and hide buttons within modals

Customize button text and hide buttons within modals

What

• The ability customize the “cancel” and “confirm” button text in an action button modal, as well as the ability to hide the button(s) entirely.

Why

• For my example, see the screenshot below. In this use-case, the action button triggers a modal for a client to book a meeting. The language “confirm” is a little confusing because the actual act of booking the meeting occurs entirely inside of the embed. So in this example, I would retitle that button to “Close” or “Minimize” and would probably hide the cancel button since that wouldn’t do or mean anything.
  • Another example includes an action button titled “Instructions” that triggers a modal with a video tutorial or something. Being able to just click a “Close” button would be nice.

Exhibit

3 Likes

Agreed - I’ve ran into a similar issue when embedding a Fillout form.

I know, I know…noloco forms > fillout forms, but sometimes it just doesn’t cover the robustness I am looking for, such as loading existing record data at the launch of the form and doing calculations while the user is actively working on the form.

3 Likes

100%!! You should put in a feature request for those things. Loading records and running calculations would take Noloco forms another level up.

2 Likes

I often use embedded forms from Cognito which are quite robust in capturing data. I often show these forms using the Iframe modal, but users get confuse with which buttons to press, often clicking on the Confirm button shown in the modal.

So my use case is the ability to hide/show buttons, and definitely also the ability to change the text on both buttons (cancel, confirm).

2 Likes