Noloco roll-ups: Count specific statuses from linked records

The ask: In a main table I would like to monitor the progress of linked tasks. This could be a project with subtasks or an order where I want to see in the headline of the main element how many subitems are still in which status.

Now with the help of a rollup field, at the moment I can count the total elements of subtasks which is fine. But I cannot count the elements of linked records in a specific status i.e. “in progress” or “done”. If I could, I could report on that in the main task / project.

Use cases here are imaginable in projects, tasks, orders, and numerous other areas.

2 Likes

Essentially what this sounds like is a “filter” step for rollup field configurations. That would allow you to filter the subtasks that are rolled up by a desired condition (e.g. their status).

If so, I definitely agree. You can see this illustrated in Airtable’s rollup fields:
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 4.59.23 PM

1 Like

Yes, this is what I mean. In airtable this is available. Would be fantastic to have this in noloco tables as well.

2 Likes

Would be really helpful as we are wanting to use local Noloco fields more and more in the future.

Definitely need this. What can I use currently as a work around if say I had a record that can be either “available” or “not available” and I need to count all of the “available” and use that number in a workflow?

Currently do filters like this I create additional fields. In your case I would create 2 more fields available and “not available” either as boolean or text fields, and then count on true values.

@darragh This request is getting more relevant as rollups in airtable take some time before the changes come back to noloco from time to time. Definitely got some supporters :slight_smile: and is a solid request with valid usecases. Wondered if this is on the roadmap in the near future.