Let your apps scale! A small update to our pricing plans

We’re thrilled to announce some exciting changes to our pricing plans, designed to better support your growing needs and provide greater flexibility as your business expands. Starting on July 15th, 2024, we will be increasing the number of active users included in each of our plans and introducing a convenient pay-as-you-go option for additional users.

What’s New?

We are increasing the total number of active users you can have on each plan.

• Starter: Now includes a total of 14 active users.
    • 4 active team members
    • 10 active clients
  • Pro: Now includes a total of 60 active users.
    • 10 active team members
    • 50 active clients
  • Business: Now includes a total of 130 active users.
    • 30 active team members
    • 100 active clients

Pay-As-You-Go for Extra Users:

If you exceed your plan’s user limits, you can seamlessly add more users without upgrading to the next plan tier. The cost of an additional user depends on the type of user and the plan you’re on.

• Starter
    $4 per additional active team member
    $0.50 per additional active client
  • Pro:
    $6 per additional active team member
    $1 per additional active client
  • Business:
    $10 per additional active team member
    $1 per additional active client.

How do we decide who is a team member and who is a client?

User limits are now divided into two categories depending on their role and permissions and email address.

Team Members:

• Anyone with the same email domain as the app creator or any app builder.
  • Anyone with the same email domain as anyone in the app’s workspace.
  • Anyone with a team member or data admin role.

Clients:

All other users who do not fall under the team member category.

Summary of New Limits and Pricing

Starter Pro Business
Total Users 14 60 130
Team Members 4 10 30
$4 per additional $6 per additional $10 per additional
Clients 10 50 100
$0.50 per additional $1 per additional $1 per additional

Annual Plans and Additional Users

If you purchase additional users (either team members or clients) on an annual plan, you will be charged for the remainder of the year upfront. This means you’ll have the flexibility to add users as needed without worrying about monthly adjustments.

In case your number of active users decreases during the year, your account will be credited for the difference over the remaining period. This credit can be applied towards future billing cycles, ensuring you only pay for what you need.

Where Can I See the Breakdown of My Users?

We want to make it easy for you to keep track of your active users. You can view the detailed breakdown of your active team members and active clients in the billing section of your workspace.

Simply go to the billing section of your workspace to see see the breakdown of active team members and active clients.

We’re Here to Help

We understand that these changes might bring up questions, and we’re here to support you every step of the way. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team for any additional information or assistance.

Need some clarifications on new user structure. I am currently building internal apps for a company, currently using the pro plan which gives 50 active users per month, we are currently planning to increase to the business package 100 users and after review the enterprise.

The new user demarcation of #s of team members and clients are currently confusing. All our users are internal and so will be classified as team members since they will have similar email domains.

We currently have more than 20 users using different apps with more to come. Separation of team members and clients seems like a throwback to the earlier pricing packages.

Urgent clarification needed, what does thia mean for a user will all internal users.

1 Like

I’m building multiple apps currently as well that are internal not external so re-adding this delineation between user type is quite a set back. Unfortunately, the UI still leaves much to be desired to the look/feel for an external app, so most of my use-cases are internal apps.

Just to clarify @Offbase - you’re building an internal app, which is perfectly fine, so after your included 30 users on the Business plan, each subsequent monthly active user will be an additional $10 per month

When compared to other solutions, this per-user price reflects a huge savings, and it allows us, as a business to support larger teams and the support they need.

We do appreciate your feedback, and we hope these changes make it easier for our customers to predict growth across plans.

@Offbase , when we first spoke , probably a year ago, your hesitation was in understanding what happens when you exceeded plan limits, our goal with these changes is to allow customers to grow within their plans, without needing to upgrade to Enterprise plans

I have identified 3 types of users that may exist in a plan, builders, team users and clients. My problem occurs with the separation of team members and clients.

The team users are not builders, they are just regular users, no app building, no database access just regular CRUD users similarly to clients.

With the current plan i could onboard 50 users (team) and that was the intention and to move to business plan with 100 team users.

Understandably i had to sell this product by building a couple full applications, they have since bought into to this has the way forward.

This new update carries me back to the initial query, why not just have users, why the separation.

Could we not has the customer decide how many each type of users (team vs client) we want in the allotment of users.

I must say i have never used the client feature in the system since we dont have those, just regular plain users.

3 Likes

@darragh

Can you further explain the following as per the definition of a team member “Anyone with the same email domain as anyone in the app’s workspace.”?

We introduced Workspaces a few months ago, which is a way for you and your team to collaborate across multiple apps (I’m not sure if this is relevant to you)

Workspaces serve as shared environments where teams collaborate on the different apps they need. These spaces are essential for ensuring that the right individuals have appropriate access at all times, whether you’re part of a small team or manage multiple groups across your organization.

So if you have a user with james@mycompany.com in your workspace, any user in your apps with @mycompany.com email will be considered a team member

I agree. From our perspective, I don’t really see the need for any user differentiation. On the contrary. One business case may have almost no external users and the next very little internal unsers.

One business case may have almost no external users and the next very little internal unsers.

But this is exactly why we need to differentiate actually @Tobias

The complexity of supporting a business with 100 employees using their Noloco app each day is significantly different than the complexity of a small team of 10 with 100 clients who occasionally use their app.

To make sure it would be sustainable for us, we would need to charge all users at a seat rate more aligned with internal seats, which I doubt is favourable.

We appreciate your feedback, and have already offered to make any adjustments where necessary

1 Like