"New comment in record" workflow trigger

Feature Request

• The ability to trigger a workflow from a new comment record

Context

• This would be an incredibly huge value-add to workflows. There are many obvious use-cases, but my particular one is that I want to be able to automatically notify a particular internal team member (unbeknownst to the client/user leaving the comment) of the new comment.
  • But right now, comment notifications only occur when you’ve already participated in the thread or have entered at least one comment in the thread (or, unless you’re tagged directly).
5 Likes

Here to request this also! Several clients have use-cases for this!

One particular client is using comments as a way to track system activity/production for employees. I would like to run a workflow that will essentially create a track record of the comments in AT 1) for historic data purposes (this part may be excessive IMO, but for this use-case the comments will be relatively fewer, so shouldn’t impact record counts too much) and 2) for analytics (ie # of comments made today/this week/month/year, etc.) @darragh Hoping this and comments from action buttons features are higher up on the roadmap :smiley:

4 Likes

Agreed - this keeps coming up especially with one particular client of mine. Pretty crucial that we can detect new comments apart from a team’s SOP to be checking for new comments.

2 Likes