User List conditions also REMOVE users from list if conditions fail

Feature Request: User List conditions also REMOVE users from list if conditions fail

• Right now the User List conditions determine which datasource records will be IMPORTED to the user list. However, it only works for importation.
  • Once the condition fails, nothing happens and the user continues to access the application.

The Problem

1. I see this as problematic because “Only users who meet these conditions will be included in your user list” is a bit misleading. This would make me think that my condition will be respected in an ongoing way, not just upon the initial User List import.
  2. This effectively means that the only way to restrict user access from your datasource directly (e.g. Airtable) is by deleting the Airtable record which, for obvious reasons, is a bad idea. This means restricting user access must take place from within Noloco’s native Users management tab. That is fine for many, but makes things difficult for companies that use Noloco purely for clients or external parties, while they manage from out of their datasource directly (again, Airtable for example).

Also, I realize there’s another way (and potentially ways) to achieve this, for example, you create a “Deactivated” role and whenever you want to deactivate a user, you change that dropdown in Airtable to that role. In Noloco, that role can’t access anything. But, simply put, that is just bootstrapped and doesn’t keep them 100% out of the app entirely. I am proposing that the best solution is for the User List conditions to also remove users when the logic fails to match any given user record in your datasource.

1 Like