Easier file deletion

Hey there! This is a two-part request that would just lower the amount of clicks it takes a user to remove a file from an Attachments field.

Part 1 - Inside Action Buttons

Part 2 - Inline Editing

Both of these additions would allow the user to not have to click into a file, then move the mouse to the delete button, then hit delete. Might not seem like a big deal, but if an app’s use-cases involves lots of file management, this can become really tedious.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I agree @buildwithjoel , thanks for the suggestion.

We do plan to improve the overall layout and presentation of multi-attachment fields soon, so this is great feedback

2 Likes

awesome, love to hear it!

I definitely second that!

Along that line it would also be helpful to have a “Delete File(s)” elements as part of the possible choices for building action buttons. At the moment, when we do our house keeping to delete no longer needed files, we have to go into the Airtable to clear out the attachments field there.

Along that line it would also be helpful to have a “Delete File(s)” elements as part of the possible choices for building action buttons.

This is really interesting @Tobias - how would you imagine it working for multiple file values?

Or would it just show you the files that you could remove?
Very interested in hearing your thoughts

(To go off of what Tobias suggested… it could be a new action called “Delete a field” that allows you to clear a particular field for the row that action is triggering for).

1 Like

Initially my thought was that it just clears out all values (files) of an attachment field. Just like going into the table in Airtable, clicking on an attachment field and hitting delete. So that would be the “delete all” function. To be selective which files to delete from multiple attachments in a single attachment field you could filter by any values that are available. The file name would be abvious. I don’t know what other attachment metadata Noloco can read from Airtable attachments?

Yes I agree, also being able to list files in the field. Perhaps simply having an open icon and delete icon beside each file.