Emails - SPAMMING inbox's from comment notifications

This HAS TO change. I know a lot of other teams may want a notification for any comment that is added to an account that they were tagged/commented on. BUT when you have 200 jobs and a partner has a small role at the very first of those jobs and comments on almost every job, he then receives 100’s of emails a day that are notifications of comments that have NOTHING to do with him. It’s borderline that he is claiming harassment by my company because of this.

I can’t fathom how it’s not a simple setting to disable notifications on comments. Really, it should be a setting where we can completely control the notifications of a comment, more less the ability to disable them. I want the ability to ONLY send a notification is they are specifically tagged in THAT comment. This is not an uncommon ability as I have literally never been into another CRM/builder that has this process as a standard.

This needs to be fixed or my boss is going to tell me we have to move to another platform. We simply can’t harass our partners in the system and it not even be our fault.

FOR EXAMPLE, I AM SHOWING YOU AN HOUR OF MY EMAIL INBOX, AND I AM ON A SMALL PORTION OF OUR JOBS. MY PARTNERS THAT I AM SPEAKING ABOUT HAVE TO BE GETTING 2 TO 3 TIMES WHAT I AM GETTING.

Hi Jason,

This is toggle-able via the bell icon at the top-left of the comments, it is defaulted to only notify when tagged

Yes, I see that, but it only either let’s you…

1. Follow the comment thread whether you have commented on it or not.

or

1. Only follow the comment if you have commented on it or are tagged. (Which is this case). Anytime anyone comments on a job, they will from then on, always get emails regarding the comments on that job because people are “Responding to that comment” even if it’s not them responding specifically to that comment.

Also, even if this did have a fix in that location, this is on a per job and per account basis, so I am not able to tell them to fix it by literally clicking that button everytime they make a comment on a new job.

1 Like

Yeah this is huge for me too. The automatic emails can be frustrating. Have more control here would allow us to control our users’ experience better.

I’ve ran into this issue before too - would love to have some flexibility on both the Team Admin and the Individual user side to denote who/when should receive comment notifications. Specifically I think the ‘receive notification when tagged’ should be the default behavior here, then provide the option to ‘subscribe’ to all comments.

Hey folks, thanks for all the feedback and comments.

We’ve taken this on board, and released a way for each user to control their own notification preferences, starting with comments.

1 Like