Multiple Airtable Bases

Let’s say I wanted to test out some additional functionality for my CRM app. In this case, I wanted to add some check list workflows for opportunities. In the past I would simply add a new table to my main Airtable base called “Workflows” and start working on it. I was thinking about creating a new Airtable base called “Workflows” so that I could try things out without messing something up in the main base. My concern is that I may introduce sync issues with data residing in different bases. What is the best practice today? Do you recommend building a new component in a separate base and keeping it there? Or perhaps building it in a separate base, testing it, then moving it into the main base?

Great question @bhosey

then moving it into the main base?

To me, the way you’re thinking about this will answer the bigger question.
How are you thinking about moving it into the main base?
Do you mind if you need to recreate all of the work (you would need to)

Whats’ the main concern in messing something up in the main base?
If it’s an isolated table, it shouldn’t really affect much, but it really depends on what your concern here is.

In terms of linking data across multiple bases, that is actually possible with Noloco’s Automatic Links but it’s best if you keep everything in the same base and rely on real links (if possible).

1 Like

This is very helpful. Up until now I have been keeping everything in one base and it’s been working out well. I think I will continue doing that. I can use a separate base to draft an idea and then recreate it in the main base.

1 Like

I think that’s best!

Thankfully either way it’s not too hard to experiment and move things around