New Field Type: Lookup Field

A lookup field would be very helpful.

Ex) When a user is filling out a Form or editing a record, I would like the ‘Entity Name’ field to be a type-to-search field that searches and displays a list of all existing entity name records associated with the Guarantor Name(s) previously entered in the loan application form / record. Selecting a list option would then autofill the existing field values associated with the Entity Name record.

The lookup field would be fetching records from a Noloco table ot Xano table.

Ideally, the same logic can be applied to street addresses (re: lookup existing property addresses previously associated with the Guarantor Name(s) previously entered in the loan application form / record).

Ex) I’m filling out a loan application and enter / select Primary Guarantor name. I then go to enter the property address that the borrower wold like to purchase / refinance. Ideally, beginning to type the address would display a dropdown of existing property addresses for which a record associated with one of the Guarantors already exists.

8 Likes

@darragh I vaguely remember hearing that this was on your road map… Any guess as to how far away this might be?

Very glad I just found this post. 100% agree, this would be really really helpful.

1 Like

Hey @akraut - thanks for the suggestion, we actually recently released lookup fields

1 Like