"New Version Available" Popup

Hello,

I’d like to report a ‘bug’ in one of our apps. Where a popup stating that there is a ‘New Version Available’ of the app is appearing to our users. We have checked and the app is fully up to date. I double checked this by making a minor update and then publishing. Note, that this popup is not appearing for the ‘builder’ user. See screenshot attached.

Did the user reload the page after you published the app? If not, then this is working as expected

If it’s showing after a reload, that could be different.

Could you share the link to the app with us?

Hi Darragh,
the users have clicked on the pop up which refreshed, refreshed the page manually and have since logged out of PC and logged back in. Pop up still there. Link to the app:
https://cizict.noloco.co/

I just registered with that app @cizict and I’m not seeing the issue myself

Is there anything else I could be missing?

Hi Darragh,

Nothing that i can think.

My colleague has confirmed that they are still having the same issue (on desktop and mobile). We are both Team Admin’s. We have two apps and the notification is only appearing on this one.

We are both Team Admin’s.

This could be the problem

Are they a builder too?

Hi @cizict this was the issue.

If your colleague reloads the page now they will have full access to the Noloco builder, which they didn’t previously.

If this should not be the case, you can remove them as an admin, or create a new role without the possibility of editing the app

That’s fixed it. Thanks Darragh.

Wait, does this appear to a User every time you do an update? LOL - my poor users.

Only when you publish your changes @hannah

Which shouldn’t be as often

Lol. Well that would probably be the wise thing for me to do @darragh.

But is not always the case. :eyes::joy:

Glad to hear the issue was resolved! For users, it might be helpful to add a way to suppress or minimize the ‘New Version Available’ popup if frequent updates are a norm. This could improve user experience and prevent confusion, especially if updates are minor or frequent.

2 Likes