In line edit linked record field doesn't stick

I’ve experienced this issue in varying degrees since I started with Noloco last year. About 50% of the time it seems to work mostly fine and the other 50% is either minor glitches or larger ones like the video.

Video

I have a collection of receipts that are attached to a project. Once they are uploaded they get matched up with a corresponding cost line in the budget. I do this via a receipt collection in a tab of the project page. It’s much easier to have the cost line selection via in line edit as opposed to modal or clicking into a record but its very unreliable. Typically the drop down will close while you’re trying to search and you have to attempt it 2-3 times. Then, the linked record once selected will disappear after a few seconds.

Here’s what the edit log looks like in airtable:

Hey @onlymatt thanks for flagging this

For what it’s worth, the change likely does work the first time, it’s just not updated in time

We’re going to improve the loading state here which I think would give everyone better visibility of what’s still loading or not

If this is a crucial workflow I’d probably recommend switching to an action button or something more deterministic